Thursday, June 28, 2007

Romance...Dead or Alive?

M: Romance....to narrate, to tell an exggerated story the human actionof a courtship in the same species.......Doing the little things & bigthings to woo another into a relationship...to make the other person feelthe way you feel about them. but in todays world of "tap n go" .........isromance dead? is the classic way of wooing another dead..............youknow the way i see this is that NO romance is not dead just that everyonehas curved, bent, broke, melted, mended together, split this word into thiervision. An idea of they "think" romance is"or maybe im wrong. Maybe romanceis dying not dead little by little until the whole world just becomes thiswierd tech science maditory artificial ensemenation center for those who aretoo busy with lifes office meetings, luncheons, seminars, schooling,project developments, i dont know. Maybe romance isnt dying just that youhave your way of wooing the oppisite sex without giving the obvious clues.Marklar



C: I often find myself wishing I was born in a different time. A time where guys came over to see you and wrote you little love notes whenever you crossed their minds. I am getting increasingly bored with how technology has helped to nurture the cowardice in all men and women. Instead of phone calls we send text messages or emails, what ever happened to just picking up the phone or even popping by someones house to visit? I personally feel that if you want something you gotta put yourself out there, and even if you get completely rejected at least you had the balls to get up there front and center and tell someone face to face what you have to say. In a business class I took once my proffessor told us that 'with great risk comes great reward' and I believe this to be true especially in love and romance... shouldnt you want to stand out from the crowd and do something extraordinary? Why be just another text message that she will surely ignore? I think that guys have no idea how much one miesly act of manners/romance can impact a girl. Open a door for her, give her your jacket if she gets cold, bring her a flower and watch her face. It's often the smaller tokens of appreciation that stay glued in her mind. But anyway, enough of my rant, yes... I think romance is dying. And while I can say that our technological advances have helped fuel this downfall I also cannt deny that if it were in the person's mindset then it wouldn't matter either way. This notion, however, gives me pause because if its true then that means that its not our gadgets that are nurturing cowards, its just that that is what we have become... pfft. Well... to hell with it... here is hoping there is still a pulse out there and it somehow finds me! *cheers*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romance is dead. there aren't any of those sweet, charming people around anymore. everyone is too busy. the only people who do anything romantic are in the movies. there aren't anymore movie guys (or girls). we're stuck with the idiots around us, and we just have to find one that is less of an idiot. lol
-Jiggidy (i forgot my password lol)

July 6, 2007 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger MarklaR said...

That makes me sad.
-C

July 7, 2007 at 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are living in an technical world, I was not surprised to learn that there is a virtual wedding site out there. Now I ask you how do you kiss the bride or for that matter, how do you consummate the union, Via E-mail?

I say lets start a revolution to bring romance back!

MI

July 12, 2007 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home