Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Being alone is not THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!

M: To be by the lonesome.its been a long time since a good relationship as come across my heart.As a single gentleman i see many things that are good about being alone. i have friends that have been alone along time in their playboy lifestyle in their bachelor pad they call home. there is much liberty with being single many certain things on can do like go wherever you want, eat what you want iguess, burp where it would be inappropriate, say a thing here or there to the fine female across from you. All that as a MAN is what i think are the freedoms of being single & of course the obvious flirting, looking for, the courtship journey from hello my name is to good morning. Some have been alone for years and haven't felt the yearn for another( i know they don't though). As i compile these thoughts. i see that being alone doesn't mean its the end of the world. it just means that miss. or Mr. right hasn't bumped into you yet. Or it means to be out more. For example: you would go through this coffee shop everyday what about that smoothie shop next door go n check it out change it up a little, the supermarket you go to head to another one near you re home, i guess change it up. How long is too long being alone i wouldnt know i guess i would ask my granny to answer that question shes 80.Being alone is ok but, theres something missing still maybe cause im still young .The positive, keep it up, optimistic friend can tell you that you have your family, friends blah blah blah they love you that's all you need deal...i know all of that but, damn....where is my special lady the one mainchick that makes me buff up when i see her,check my hair, dust off my shoulders,spray some binaca in my mouth two times before i see her, gives me40 as i give 60 percent, makes a fart joke when i need laugh, get well dressed to impress, open doors for, pass the guy 20 bucks to somthin a little extra, or to get the table in the far back for.......wutev.......



C: Being alone... lets see, well that covers about 90% of my life! lol Honestly I it's not as bad as it sounds, and I should know. The things that bother me the most about being alone (except for the occasional loneliness) really don't have anything to do with me specifically; it's more societies views on singles that disappoint me. Let me give you guys a 'couple' of examples... Lets say your best friends both have significant others, suddenly you don't see them anymore because they only wanna go out with other couples. Whats that about? Like you should be ashamed to have to stand on your own beside them. Like you should want to stay home bored all night rather then take that shameful walk up to the box office and weepingly ask for one ticket to the movie, and then to have to sit there all alone, with no ones hand to hold while your couple friends sit beside you. Come one, we are supposed to be more independent now then when our parents were our ages. Yes, there are certain things that I would not want to do or be seen doing alone, like eating dinner at a restaurant or going on a weekend getaway. I also love how there are these standards for girls my age, if we are single then we "must be looking". Did it ever occur to anyone that while the idea of meeting Mr.Right is almost knock-you-off your-feet amazing we may be perfectly content with the life we have at the moment? I'm so tired of everyone hinting that I am at an age now where I should be wanting to settle down and have babies (something which I do want ... one day). And another thing, people in couples are too celebrated... they get engagement parties, anniversaries, weddings, house warming parties, baptisms, dogs birthdays, etc. all occasions, I might add, that us singles attend and have to buy presents for. I would just love to know where my 'you didn't get knocked up by your boyfriend whom you now have to marry' party is?? Or maybe my ' you weren't so desperate as to marry the first loser you convinced to stay with you out of sheer convenience' present got lost in the mail. *shrug* Yes, being with someone you care about is probably the best thing in the whole world,but do we have to constantly throw things in single peoples faces and try to make them feel inferior? I think not.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DIS BLOG WAS BRORIN DA OTHER ONES WERE BETTER -JUAN

July 19, 2007 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger MarklaR said...

C: And just to add to the topic I would like to share a little anecdote with you all. I recently posed as a fake fiance with a friend of mine to get a free weekend getaway and a couple of thousands worth of gift cards to assorted stores. I know it was decietfull, but I would like everyone to really analyze the moral here... look at the extremes that singles have to go to to get a little something something. As I looked around at the real engaged couples I thought to myself, why are they so much more special then us singles? The answer is that they are not. The world is our oyster, not theirs. And then I understood why they need presents. Fin.

July 19, 2007 at 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with C, and further I am tired of this continuation of celebrating the “couple” because after the weddings, comes the “baby”. Well I am sick and tired of them. I love romance, but tired the must commit or else you are going to end up an old spinster. I am sure this will never happen to anyone as nice and sincere as “C” seems to be, however this “Jiggidy” person I am not so sure of. This lass needs a good spanking, I say!

MI

July 23, 2007 at 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MI..
why do you continue to start with me? what did i do to you? i thought we were done. i thought it was all going to be all good and no more blog-fighting.
and why shouldn't we celebrate a couple's baby or wedding?! those are wonderful things in anyone's life and we should be lucky that our couple friends care about us so much that they want us to be apart of their special moments.
single people have housewarming parties and dog's birthday's too (MI, didn't you see legally blonde?).. and when we get a dog i WILL have birtday parties for him/her!!! lmao
i don't think anyone can make you feel bad about being single if you are totally fine with it.. i think the only way someone can make you feel bad or ashamed of it is if you really aren't ok with it. i'm perfectly happy being single, maybe cause my ex's are all psycho's lol.. which is probably why i'm so happy being single :o)..
i know that having someone special is probably the greatest feeling in the world, but right now, the greatest feeling is not having someone. being able to go out with anyone (like all your friends, just one, or none) without worrying about what the other person is doing, or worrying if they are gona get mad at you cause you were out pretty late with your friends, or not having to worry at all, that's one thing that i'm loving right now. i just worry about me and what i need/want to do. i will do plenty of worrying and planning and all of that later, when i'm ready to have a serious relationship. i just want to have fun! travel! learn! and be young!
but like i said.. when mom or dad start talking about how i'm getting too old and need to get a steady boyfriend already.. it's easy for me to just say "i don't want one" because i really don't.
so eff society and it's views on singles! nobody can make me feel bad about being single and enjoying my youth as much as possible because this is what i want to do right now.
guys, i'm throwing a "single and fabulous" party at my apartment.. all singles welcome!

-Jiggidy

July 24, 2007 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger MarklaR said...

c: My point, Jiggidy, was not to say that being single is bad, It was merely to point out that society views being single as being incomplete. Why is it that when we see a middle aged woman who is single we feel sorry for her? Why does she NEED to have a 'counterpart', an 'appendage', an 'accessory' by her side? We should really be trying to answer that question.

July 24, 2007 at 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't feel sorry for her. i never did. i don't feel sorry for anyone who is single. i think it's fine to be alone.

-Jiggidy

July 24, 2007 at 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look Jiggidy! Sorry about the last comment, I guess I was picking on you lass. However, I too feel that when someone is by choice alone in this big world so be it, " what ever makes you happy". But the point here is CHOICE, it is quite sad to go thru life without sharing it with someone special. Further more the older you get the harder it is to fall in love, and what your mum is trying to tell you is that if you don't open up to love, you might miss it completely, but since it's your CHOICE, the live your life alone, who cares its your life not anybody elses. I agree that there is too much enfices on the couple and not the indivual, but at the same time I will never stop looking for Mr. Righ!. That bloke is just around the corner of my flat, I just havent seen him yet.

MI

July 25, 2007 at 5:59 AM  
Blogger MarklaR said...

C: You know MI, as much as I love your imput I have to disagree with you when it comes to this one. I dont know that being alone is 100% a choice. Unless you mean that we "choose" to wait for someone worth while, rather then jump on the first opportunity that presents itself. I've seen alot of people settle for the first thing that walks in the door because they are petrafied of being by themselves. I myself will brave the long walk home alone in hopes that there will someday be someone waiting for me at the porch.

July 25, 2007 at 6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's such a brave little toaster! :ox lol

-Jiggidy

July 25, 2007 at 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I would like to add that I’ve noticed is that single women are criticized more than single men. This might be due to that older generations were use to women getting married at an early age and having a family by their early twenties, if not sooner. Most women in today’s society are more independent and prefer to experience life, more than women of the past. I think our generation has come to understand this and their view on this topic leans more towards thinking being single is not something to frown upon.
For whatever the reason that you’re single the occasional criticism should not make you feel inferior to those who are not.

FA

July 25, 2007 at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home