Friday, August 3, 2007

Well I guess this is growing up

M: AHem ......anYWAYS its really weird to say WHEN you feel like an adult.Many young lads and ladys do different things they "think" is adult like.Take for example living alone most kids have want to go out there and face the world all alone ohhhh living on your own. yes although it does create a sense of Independence theres more to it. another way of knowing "i think" when you re an adult is when you purchase big things like when you buy your first car without the help of your parents or anyone else. Close the deal on your home or what not, um?.....go on a long trip with a girlfriend/boyfriend to the Bahamas without having mom n dad around. i think when youre an adult is when your parents dont tell you anything. only the advice they can give when you ask for it. youre an adult when you are taking life into your OWN hands. make mistakes and stand up for it, youre an adult when you set up a meeting with some potential business clients, youre an adult when you assume responsibility for the chores to be done to live a life, cook, clean, go out drink safely, exorcise etc. the decisions of whether you drink or not, smoke or not, its more of a long list of things but, youre an adult when YOU feel that........no more kids meals nor big kids meal.......give me a #6

C: I feel that I have been pretty responsible my whole life, working since the age of 15, doing my chores without anyone haggling me, choosing not to participate in things that I knew were harmful despite any peer pressure. It is only recently though, that I have felt like a full blown adult. Not because of any actions, or non actions, or even because of any major purchases. The reason I felt this way is because I was thinking of things bigger then me, bigger then anyone. Let me explain... The first time I can say that I felt like a grown up was when I reprimanded one of my friends for doing something stupid, something that would have surely meant a trip to the E.R. in a couple of hours, I remember feeling like a mom.Usually I'm pretty clumsy, silly, and some might say 'juvenile' so the thought that I was thinking of someones safety when I myself, have put myself in numerous circumstances where one wrong move could land me a few broken bones was completely out of left field. Nevertheless, I proceeded to hound them about their decision until I finally received the validation I was after, a sincere apology. :D Shortly thereafter, I met and fell in love with a new baby cousin, it was that moment that led me to start thinking about how nice it will be when I have a family of my own one day. That thought really only opens the door to other thoughts, of boyfriends, and marriage, and fantasising about what my wedding will be like, girly stuff. I guess to me, being an adult, is when you start thinking about other peoples lives as much as yours, or when your actions today are for tomorrows overall prosperity. It's when you stop thinking of only yourself, and realize how special and rare things really are. It's when you want to take care of everyone you love and your priorities finally shift. That's when you're an adult.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, im samuel

last time you guys were pretty rude especially the 'M 'guy. I like them both only difference is 'C' is more towards the simple things rather than 'M 'with the wierd concerns for stupid stuff.I think being an adult is when you have everything in perspective.What you do today reflects on tomorrow.

Thank you,
good job 'C'

Sam

August 3, 2007 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger c-styles said...

well i think cunt fuck bee whore is a primitive situation in wich many of us live in there for the whole word is not as far as it can go but i do think the monkey part of the whole buisness is in prospective by the usual affairs in todays modern living situation arg captain and i quote how many lives must be lost for the fight in the good will nation thats one thign that always has me thinking?
and by the way the lost children of the corn can run naked in the filds of prosperity under the rain of influence that has been brought upon by peopele like u samass, all in all the last people standing r the frst peopel 2 fall take that how u will

August 4, 2007 at 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C-Styles in the words of my generation “WHAT THE F-UCK” are you talking about? You are not a Don McLean, GOOGLE it. Do not try give meaning in a cluster F-UCK of random words and please when you post something proof read it or better yet type it first in a processor like Word and hit the F7 key. Then read it again! If it still doesn’t make sense to you, it most certainly won’t make sense to us either.


MI

August 4, 2007 at 8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now on the subject at hand. I believe that being an adult is has nothing to do a purchase or a good advice. I believe it has all to do with just knowing you are not a child. That does not mean not being childish. I know very well how some adults will act childish in certain situations. The legal definition of “ adult” is a person who has attained the age of maturity as specified by law, I know of many who can be describe by this statement, but who are far from being an adult. So to quote Simone de Behavior “What is an adult? A child blown up by age.”

MI

August 4, 2007 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger MarklaR said...

C: of DICK!!!

August 5, 2007 at 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CStyle.. I see your point and I totally agree!!! LMAO

MI, why do you get so offended by other people's comments? I mean, what Cstyle said wasn't even offensive, to anyone. it's just funny gibberish.

ANYWAY!! I agree with "C", I don't think you "just know" you're an adult cause there are some 16 year old girls running around SWEARING TO GOD that they're grown up.. I agree that it's when you start to think kind of like a mom.. Where you start to think more about the effects your actions have on other people and on the future..

I do admit, I am not totally an "adult", I still live in the moment, I don’t think too far into the future because I feel that I am still young and I have my whole life ahead of me. I still have so much traveling, partying, and playing to do and I’m not ready to completely grow up yet.

-Jiggidy

August 5, 2007 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger MarklaR said...

c:
1. C-Styles comments were not 'funny' gibberish, they were just bored rantings of someone who obviously has too much time on their hands. Go help mama clean or somethng!

2. After reading everything over again I see another side of this that I hadn't previously stated. Sometimes, there are people who refuse to grow up, in order to continue to live irresponcible, uncontroled lives. There is a time for everyone to step up, and take the heat for their poor decisions. Just because you act like a child, doesnt mean you are one.

August 6, 2007 at 6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C, you're right.. I am irresponsible and lazy, to an extent! I have a job, I pay my bills
(With exception for Saturday, but I didn't know the bill had come, I was told it wound’s come for a few more weeks and we all had an awesome time anyway)
Maybe I’m not the most mature or responsible... but then i remembered what you were talking about when you spoke about buying a new car and furniture... I manage my money pretty well, too, and if that is how you're measuring your responsibility then, I think I’m right up there with the rest of you. over the last 3 months (getting only $8.50 an hour) I paid rent, electricity, both phone bills, made my final payment for my car, paid for TS online, and sent a check for my court fees from Okeechobee and I’m still saving money for the super-mega-ultra road trip.. Maybe those things don't sound too important as big or important as other things you've done... but I gave up alot to get it done (like staying home and watching a movie instead or working OT so I could pay all the bills and still have some extra cash to go out with my sisters this weekend) plus, these were my choices, these were things I wanted to do. I want to have an apartment and I like the idea that I don't go out as often so I can pay the bills i let run high cause it reminds me that I’m almost grown cause I'm doing what I have to.. even if all we do at my place is party :o)

-Jiggidy

August 6, 2007 at 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, "C".. why do you bitch at me to post a comment if all you want to do is insult me? jeez! you can do that in person lol

-Jiggidy

August 6, 2007 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger MarklaR said...

C: Look if you have any issues concerning your life then you need to handle them on your own time, I wasnt even talking about you, which is why your comment had me on the floor of my Cubicle laughing. I mean, if you carefully read my post, I clearly said that purchases DONT make you an adult, that it is more of an emotional thing. So I dont get what you're getting it with listing all the things you've bought this month. I hope everyone enjoyed the grocery list on there too.. Phsyco, pay your light bill and get over it. lol

August 6, 2007 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C, Whatev. guy!!! you ALWAYS find a way in ANY conversation to say how irresponsible i am.. why would it be any different on here?

-Jiggidy

August 6, 2007 at 5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C, I think you need to realign your chi! Find your center!! lmao

August 6, 2007 at 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Children behave!
Or the others will see you are nothing but mere Tots, JK I am just taking the Michael out of you both.


MI

August 7, 2007 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger MarklaR said...

C: I'm gonna give her something to bitch about...

August 9, 2007 at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home